
See that house? Pretty, isn't it? Yeah, we think so too. This is the house I briefly mentioned on my last post about putting an offer on New Year's Eve. I mentioned it briefly, wondering how many of you would pick up on it.
We put an offer on it, knowing there was another offer ready to go. Two days later we find out there's four total. Talk about nerve-racking. So we've waited over a week to hear something, anything, one way or the other. We were approved through VA because of Ty's time put in the military which works out great considering they finance at 100% and that's what we needed. We don't have any money down, we've been paying things off so we could afford a house.
Well, I could say we HAD money in the bank but that had to go toward bills when Ty was briefly out of work and I don't want to complain about that because I'm thankful it was there.
We got a phone call today. They accepted our offer. But they won't go through VA. Why? Because some idiots vandalized the bottom floor and to some people, that would be a hard thing to fix but to Ty and I a few pieces of drywall and door frames isn't anything to lose sleep over. We told them ahead of time that the second our contract was accepted, we'd fix the entire list that VA hands us BEFORE CLOSING and out of our own pocket, knowing that the bank will not fix anything because it's a foreclosure.
They still won't do it. They won't let anybody in the house until closing and VA won't approve it and finance it 100% the way it is without certain things being repaired. Our only other route is to go through someone else, but we have to have 3.5% down. That might not be a problem for most people, or maybe nowadays it is, but to Ty and I it is impossible.
I normally don't gripe or post stupid depressing posts because I don't like to live like that, but this is really frustrating and maddening at the same time. This house is in Greencastle, it's in a really nice subdivision where a lot of the kids' friends live and the price is right. Or WAS right, I should say.
So unless one of my rich friends **snort** shows up to hand me $6,000 tonight or tomorrow morning so I can have a down payment for my house, we don't get the house. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go wallow in my own self pity and have a glass of Cabernet.
Edited to add: Even though I should've been completely upset and bummed out last night (and today), for some reason I was okay when I went to bed. As a matter of fact I went to bed at 11pm, which never happens because I am the Insomnia Queen, and I slept like a baby. I woke up in the same spot, I don't even think I moved until the alarm went off. And I have a strange sense of peace today. It's really weird sometimes how God works. I wish I could wrap my little mind around it.
12 comments:
I'm sorry, my friend! If I had the $6,000, I'd loan it to you..I really would! Chin up..something better will come along..all in God's time!
'lolo, I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say that would lift you back up. Hugs are all I can offer. :(
Terrena
Ah Lori, I'm so sorry. ((hugs))
I'm so sorry ((hugs))
I really wish I had $6000... I would surely hand it over!! ((HUGS))
I'm so sorry Lolo. *hugs* *hugs* and more *hugs*
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you were excited about this one. I have to believe that this means there is a better house around the corner.
Hugs, my friend. :)
Girl I would give it to ya in a skinny minute if I had it!! Keep your eye on the prize it will happen :)
Awe Lo, I'm so sorry. Don't feel bad, I wouldn't have 3.5% to put down either, that's why we still live in an apartment. HUGS!
bah.
E
Aw, God really does give us peace when we need it! And I'm sorry about the house. We had to foreclose on our dream house last year and I miss it sometimes. I really loved that house. But things worked out for the best and I know that God had a bigger, better plan in mind that we just couldn't see :)
Post a Comment