Monday, March 31, 2008

You're Kidding, Right??

So Ty gets this new laptop a little while back. It's pretty high tech, made specifically for gaming. When he does get a little spare time, he likes to spend it gaming with some of the other guys over there.


He calls me and tells me that he was messing around in the control panel and discovers it has voice recognition. What? Are you kidding me? What does that mean?


Well, that means he can "type" me letters now instead of writing them by hand. All he has to do is talk to his computer and it does all the work for him....and would I mind?


Me - I guess not, but it's not very personal, don'tcha think?


Ty - What do you mean? How can it not be personal? I'm speaking it into pure existence with my very own voice.


Me - *LOL* Okay, since you put it that way I guess I won't mind. So how does one do that?"


Ty - I can make it do anything I want. It not only types letters, it opens programs and everything. All I have to do to get it to do anything is say, 'Start listening.'


Me - Wow, that is really cool. Now, wouldn't it be nice if it worked that way on your wife and kids?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I'm old and crunchy and my fingers don't work anymore I am so getting voice recognition on my computer. Then I'll still be able to entertain everyone with my with. LOL

Mindy said...

with your with?? LOL!
Lori, that is cool!!

Anonymous said...

NIce, if only it worked on husbands! lol