fall; one was for her physical, the other was a dental exam. The school told me she only needed one shot, the doctor's office told me she needed three. Lovely. She was prepared for one, not three.But still, she insisted on sitting on the table by herself and not letting me hold her. She was a big girl and she could do it herself. Okay. Whatever you say. She did sit there, however, and get the shots without throwing too much of a fit, although she insisted on holding my hand with the last two after she realized what they were going to feel like.
I couldn't blame her for being upset. I mean, who likes getting shots? They are more annoying than anything to me but to an almost five year old they are a travesty. Needless to say, the drama started shortly afterward. I was pretty sure the annoying pinch and the sting had disappeared, but she insisted on crying and throwing a whiney fit the entire way to Waynesboro - much worse than she acted at the doctor's office and it was wearing on my nerves.
Before I tell you the conversation that took place in the car, I should probably explain that out of all my little nicknames for Zoe, Poophead is the one I use most frequently and strangely enough, the one she likes the best. It makes her giggle, maybe that's why.
Me: Zoe, you were such a big girl, getting all those shots! I'm so proud of you! Ya know, when Sage went in before he went to Kindergarten, he acted like a screaming little bawl baby the whole time and you acted much better. (Sage will love me for that one)
Zoe: Well, it hurt! And I cried so I don't care!
Me: Yeah, but you didn't act like a little wussy bawl baby. (another one Sage will love me for)
Zoe: I still don't care.
Me: Are you still my Poophead?
Zoe: (NOT giggling) NO!
Me: But you are always my Poophead and you told me I can always call you that.
Zoe: Well, you can't today.
Me: Okay.
A few minutes later....
Zoe: Hey, Mommy, I will feel better though if you call me Princess all day.
Only to be clarified after the dentist appointment that she absolutely loved, which if you've had Dr. Bob, you would love the dentist too. I heart Dr. Bob....
Zoe: Mommy, I think it would be better actually if you called me Sleeping Beauty and Rylee can be Snow White.
4 comments:
LOL. Tell Sleeping Beauty she made me giggle this morning. :)
Oh my goodness... Welcome to the princess club! :lol: Hope you enjoy your ride momma... :lol:
Very cute! Aren't kids fun (most of the time)?
hehehe....the stuff that makes kids happy! Go figure!
Post a Comment