Monday, May 26, 2008

All New Do's

The kids were way overdue for their haircuts and needed something different, so we all decided to have a little fun with it. Sage needed a little coaxing to get the mohawk. He didn't really want it at first and wanted to know why I wanted him to get one so bad. Well, because I'm a 33 year old mother of four and I wouldn't look good with a mohawk died blonde, that's why.

That's why we have kids, so we can vicariously live through them, right? If we have them for any other reason than that, someone needs to enlighten me so I can get on the right path. Otherwise I'm sticking with this one.

Of course I do know that we have kids so we can raise them in the fear and admonition of the Lord, I get all of that, most of us know it anyway. I just think we are supposed to have fun with it along the way and if making my 9 year old have a mohawk dyed blonde (which he totally thinks it rocks now and is so glad I talked him into it) is going to steer us off the beaten path, well then I'm pretty sure I'll seal our fates when I sign the release forms for them to all get tattooes on their 16th birthdays too.

Just kidding. They have to be at least 18 years old and have their own job so they can pay for it themselves. Only then will I ride along and help pick one out. Who am I kidding anyway? They probably won't be cool enough like me to get one.

I managed to take some before, during and after shots of the kids I think you'll enjoy. Drey, as most of you know, won the makeover contest months ago (thanks to everyone who voted). He's gotten everything taken care of except for his hair. For various reasons it's been put off and I just couldn't take it any longer so I finished the makeover myself.

This is the mutt, I mean Drey, beforehand:









I couldn't resist twisting his hair into little turd-like dread locks for the coloring process.
His hair turned out exactly like he wanted, achieving the "messed up" look with it highlighted blonde in a subtle way on the top, leaving the bottom part darkened.









This would be Mutt No. 2, I mean Sage, in dire need of something.









During his coloring process, the look was starting to grow on him.
The finished product. The coolest by far, and I have to admit, I'm extremely jealous.









Zoe and Rylee quickly wanted in on the coloring as well so I decided it would be fun and color some of their hair and foil it. Zoe's hair was beginning to get on my nerves with it being so long and stringy. I wanted her to have a stacked bob haircut but was not going to dare try it myself for fear she would end up looking like she got her head stuck under the lawn mower. So I dyed the girls' hair last night and we went today to the salon and got the cuts done.












I am completely in love with her finished look, the haircut and the color, and she is too. I think it makes her look more grown up and will be perfect for kindergarten.









Rylee's hair has grown at least 6-7 inches in the last 8 months and is driving me crazy. I hate bangs, so that was out of the question and she never lets her hair up. I love her hair cut into a simple bob cut right at her chin, and I could've done that at home, but it just wouldn't have been fair now, would it? She also wanted some color and knowing that she wouldn't sit still enough for me to pull anything apart and foil it specifically, I just grabbed a blob of hair on the side and threw some dye on it and foiled it up.












Miss Little Bobble Head actually turned out quite cute with a chunk of her hair colored.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori they all look awesome!!! :) I love Zoe's stack! :)

Manda_K said...

Adorable! They are so CUTE! :D Really cool summer cuts!

Anonymous said...

Lori, they are great! All of them are cool! I love the stacked do!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome new cuts!! How about yours??!! :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously Lori I LOVE those cuts and colors on your kids. Zoe's hair is so adorable!!! You did good!! (I know you didn't cut the girls' hair... I'm just saying that you did good with the boys' and the girls' color)

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Of course we live vicariously thru our children! What fun would it be if we didn't?! ;)
Love all the new Do's! As Christian from Project Runway would say...Fierce!

Jen said...

Cute, cute, cute, & Cute! What an awesomely cool mom you are!

Anonymous said...

Awe, how cute are they!

Anonymous said...

They look so cute! I love that mohawk!!

petergabrielfan said...

Lori, they are just adorable! Just in time for summer too. :)