Well, that's exactly what happened to me the day Sage and I walked into what I like to call "my" home. This is it. This is the one. This is mine. I loved everything about it from the outside to the inside. I loved the colors on the walls, I loved the color of the carpet, I loved the way the house was laid off. It was perfect. It was more than perfect. It was mine.
This is the view to your right when you first walk in the door. Directly inside the door is a good-sized foyer which I will show you in a bit. This is the dining room and you can see that it opens up into the large kitchen.
This is the kitchen, breakfast nook included. To the right is the dining room, to the left is the great room and off to the right in the back of the photo is the master bedroom with full walk-in closet and a master bathroom as well.
This is what you can see of the master bathroom when looking in the doorway. To the right are double sinks and you can see the jacuzzi tub. To the left is a stand up/sit down shower (yes, it is big enough and has places for you to sit as well), the toilet and the linen closet.
Now this is to the left of the kitchen. This is the great room. One of my favorites. I love the opening in the wall above the kitchen sink overlooking the great room. Plus it has two sliding doors to the outside and a fireplace that is to die for.
This is the fireplace that is to die for. I love this part of the house. Behind me is where the sliding doors are that will eventually open up to a large deck.
This is a look at the foyer and front door. To the left is the kitchen, dining room, great room, master bed/bath and to the right you can see part of the staircase and I'm standing in the living room taking the picture.

This is the staircase leading to the second floor.

This is a view of the living room from the kitchen area.

This is a view of the two bedrooms down stairs that the kids will share until we have the upstairs finished. The bedrooms are twice the size of the ones they are sharing now. Behind the wall on the left is a door that leads into the basement. To the right of the photo you see a hallway that leads to a full bathroom on your right and then there is a mud room/laundry room with a side door leading outside.

This is the view of the unfinished upstairs that you see once you come up the steps and walk around.

This is a view of the upstairs from the opposite end looking at where the staircase is. To the left of the staircase in this picture will be two large walk-in closets, to the right will be a large storage closet and the hallway. On the other side of the doors will be one bedroom and a full bath. On this side of the stairs will be two more bedrooms and a full bath. To the right of the photo you can see sunlight on the floor -- that leads into the other part of the second floor which will be the fourth bedroom upstairs. It is directly above the great room.

This was the best view I could get overall of the fourth bedroom upstairs. There will actually be a small hallway that leads into this bedroom, this will be Sage's bedroom. All the bedrooms will have walk-in closets and all have dormers in them except for Sage's, but his is the coolest in my opinion because it's off in another part all to itself.

This is a picture at the top of the stairs where Zoe's bedroom will be and you can see how large the dormers are. Man, I wish I had one of them when I was a kid. I think Ty and I are getting jipped in the bedroom department of the house ;)

Last, but not least, this is simply the view coming down the stairs where you can see the great room and part of the kitchen.
These plans have been in the making for a while (the house and the decision to go to Iraq) but we didn't tell anyone because we were simply praying about it and making sure it was what we felt was the Lord's will for our lives. Please keep us in your prayers during this time. It has been a tremendous sacrifice on our part. When you are married to your absolute best friend it feels as if half of you has been ripped off and now lives halfway across the world. And thank you for taking "the tour" of the future Hepfer home! The blogs after this will not be this long...I PROMISE!!!!

12 comments:
Great blog lori!
Lookin good Lori!
THanks for sharing!
Way to go Lori!
Hi Lolo! Just checking out your blog. :)
Sarah (Petergabrielfan)
Hi! thanks for changing it!
I call dormers, 'peaks'. my parents wanted a house with 'pillers' and 'wings' I wanted 'peaks' because I wanted a window seat!
Lynn
Lori - the house looks great. I can see why it's "yours" :D
Safe travels for both you and Ty as you take this journey.
WOW SIS...I am so excited for you both. The plans look absolutely beautiful. You did an awesome job on your blog. I actually feel that I have a reconnection with my family. I look forward in hearing more. Love You... Kiss the kids for me.
Looking good, girlie!! :)
Deb
The house is gorgeous & here's hoping you get your wish soon.
the house is beautiful and you did great on the blog, sheilawv
Beautiful home Lori! Can't wait until you and you're family are calling it home!
I am very excited for you Lori. You certainly have a very loving husband and wonderful faith in the Lord. You and your family are in my prayers.
Post a Comment