The Christmas parade takes place every year the Saturday before Thanksgiving at 9:21 a.m. It's pretty routine for Mom and I to take the kids. One or both of the boys are usually on floats for sports but this year they weren't so it was nice to have all of them with us. We also had the added pleasure of taking Chip's kids as well. We parked at his house and walked 3 blocks to where the parade was going to be in 20-degree weather, wearing layers of clothing and counting heads to make sure we stayed together.The picture was taken as soon as we got there. What I forgot to do was take one when we left 90 minutes later when all our cheeks were bright red, our eyes were watering, noses were running, bodies were shivering, lips quivering and Rylee was crying her eyes out and screaming her head off. I'm not exactly sure my fingers would've known how to function anyhow at that point.
From left to right in the picture is Zoe, Mom, MaKayla, Tyler, Rylee, Drey, Kaitlyn, and Sage. Oh, and Kaitlyn was aware it wasn't the Halloween parade. She brought the witch hat to throw all her candy in. It's a good thing too, there was a ton of candy this year. Geesh.
4 comments:
LOL nothing like family fun!
what a nice day!!
What a great tradition! I hope you had fun even in the cold!
How fun!!!
Post a Comment