You would think by all the remarks and actions of some people in the last few weeks that the sky was falling.And lookey here... Obama won. I'm alive, you're alive, and life DID go on. Imagine that crap!!! Who woulda thunk it?!
Seriously though, to my own disappointment, Obama did win. I don't agree with him much on his financial point of views nor do I like how he wants to handle things in Iraq, but the truth is, it doesn't really matter how much I like it or how much I don't because Obama is our next president. It is now my duty as a citizen of this awesome country to pray for him as I have my other presidents and pray fervently.
Not to pray against him, but to pray for him. To pray that he will succeed in his position as President of the United States and that he will be wise in the choices he makes to keep our country safe. To pray that he can hold his position with pride in representing all blacks far and wide. Regardless of whether he is only half black or not, he is still the first person to represent their race as President of the United States and those are pretty large shoes to fill. His success will be what shapes this country in opening the door even wider for all minorities that are citizens of this country to run for office and/or become president of this great nation.
I am elated to be a part of this historical moment, and I am proud to finally see that the color barrier has been broken in this country. I am proud to say that I can look at this from a different perspective today, and I am proud to admit that I am excited to see what is in store for us. And I will be even prouder the day the gender barrier gets broken as well once and for all.
Today I am proud to be an American.
15 comments:
you know, if all the people who really believe the sky is falling would get down on their knees and PRAY as hard as they are complaining, I believe it would make a bigger difference than we can imagine.
For eight years we've had a guy who talked the talk but really didn't walk the walk. I wonder if we forgot to pray. Maybe having a President who doesn't always speak "our language" will force us to our knees.
We flocked to the polls to vote for someone who lost. Maybe God is trying to teach us that prayer is more powerful than the polls.
It would be a worthwhile experiment, that's for sure. You never lose anything by praying.
oooo, are you my sista from another mutha? cause i totally get that and have been thinking that this whole campaign!!!!!!!!
ME TOO!
Great blog! I am happy that you've taken on a positive attitude, that shows class! HUGS!
OH, and I'm ready to help Bush move out!
Awesome Lori!!
OMG, I just said this while taking a potty break at work (I know you really wanted to know that) because they're driving me crazy here!
It's a new day for America, a long time coming and about time!
hey sis, what does elated mean?
Great blog Lolo...I totally agree with you. I hope if nothing else it will help serve as a reminder to us all to pray and I also agree in praying with him not against him. :)
Love Rio
hey chipper:
elated: exultantly proud and joyful; in high spirits; "the elated winner" "felt elated and excited"
full of high-spirited delight; "a joyful heart
If the sky didn't fall, what hit me over the head this morning? LOL
Great blog 'lolo! I agree with you.
I couldn't agree more! Although, I did not vote for the guy, I'll still cheer him on in hopes of getting this country back to somewhat normal!
awesome post. i'm right beside ya!
I couldn't have said it better myself...
Great job Lolo!!!
In a time when we have so much to worry about, we can't foget the big picture. The U.S.A. more than anything needs to pull together and be proud that a nation that once enslaved a race now has made the same a president of the United States. That is quite an achievement even for this day and age. Although racism still runs rampant in many areas still, it is wonderful to know that a majority of people are not practicing under those false and misled beliefs of race supremacy. I personally didn't vote for Barrack Obama but I will give him support of my prayers that he is given the wisdom he will need these next four years. The world is not a safe place and I fear many are soft to the realities of the world around us. We need him to be a strong leader who will not cave to outside threats and actions. Alot of people voted with their pocket books and wallets this election. I am all for supporting the middle class because I am part of the middle class, but security of our nation is of the utmost importance. I will be praying that Obama will, as Commander and Chief of our armed forces, face those challenges with boldness and wisdom.
good blog kiddo!!!! i didn't vote for him either but i'm happy we made history. i would be happier if he would have been republican. i think my mom would be happy too. i just wish everyone would stop bashing bush. he's a wonderful human being, and i love him and his first lady. and i am so glad he can finally walk away from all he had to endure the last eight years. i will also pray for our next president because he is sure gonna need it. mom
Post a Comment