There are only four days left, people. Four days. Then you can vote. Then you can sit and complain if the candidate of your choice doesn't get in or yell a proud "Hoorah!" at the opposing side if he does. But please leave me out of it.I'm so fed up with the BS that goes along with the election -- the campaigning, the mudslinging, the animosity toward others, the I'm right and you're wrong mentality, and frankly, the waste of money that goes into these things is just atrocious to me.
I really don't care what side you are on or who you are dead set on voting for. The truth of the matter is the world will still go round after next Tuesday. I'm sure decisions will be made in the White House that we will approve of and disapprove of over the next four years no matter who is in office, but please keep in mind that Congress gets a big say in those decisions as well. All of the blame on any particular thing cannot be placed on the President of the United States.
The world will not come to an end if Obama becomes President. Of course it will some day but I highly doubt he would be the cause of it because he's placed in office. Do I like the man? No, and I certainly don't want him as President for my own personal reasons that have nothing to do with his race or his upbringing, but I also don't care for the other choices either and would prefer than none of them be in office. If I had things my way, I'd have Obama, Biden, McCain and Palin all hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and jump off a bridge together so we could start this process over. I don't wish them any harm, I just want them to go away.
The fact that this election has come down to the very choices that it has is very saddening to me. What's even sadder is the people that live in this same great nation as myself are the ones that have put them there. We allow the campaigns to bad mouth one another to the point that they are placing lies on commercials, twisting things the other ones are saying, etc., and we are cheering them on during the conventions so we are just as much to blame. Why can't they just go forth, say what they stand for and be done with it? There's no need for the senseless bashing. I don't care what you think of the other guy or how bad you think he might be for this country, just tell me what you stand for, what you plan to do and how you plan to do it. Period. Nothing more, nothing less.
The truth is, no matter what happens on Tuesday, no matter who becomes our next President, we will still have the same friends, same family and the same neighbors, online and in real life. We will still shop at the same stores, go to the same restaurants, attend the same churches and go to the same schools. And listen very closely to what I'm about to say.... LIFE WILL GO ON.
So why does it become so difficult for people to get along during election years and what good does it do to argue with everyone about it if their views are different than yours? What happened to respecting the choices of others and voicing your opinions without causing conflict and loving each other regardless?
It's easy to get caught up in everything going on, and I have found myself doing some of these same things and am ashamed that I've stooped so low. I'm ashamed of myself because no matter who I vote for or don't vote for, the fact of the matter is when that is all said and done there will still be people who need salvation and long to know Jesus and how have I affected them in the way they view me now? Am I even worth listening to anymore? How much respect have I gained or lost in the process of this insane election?
However, I'm not the only one that is guilty of this. There are several others that have fallen into the same political pit as myself, Christian or not. I think the only right thing anyone can do at this point is sit back and reflect on their own behavior and attitude, take a deep breath, do your duty to vote so that you can be heard on Tuesday, and put life back into perspective.
My name is Lori Hepfer and I approve this message.
10 comments:
awesome blog. I voted already and I usually keep my mouth shut about my pick bc of drama!!!!
Lori, this is awesome, and I couldn't agree more. Thanks for reminding ME not to be short sided... LIFE DOES GO ON!
comment.
Seriously, you make great points. Way to go!
You're so right. This election year is the craziest I've ever remembered. Life will go on.
I resent the fact that you do not consider me the savior, chosen one, salvation for the middle class, etc. Life will not go on if McCain gets into office. Because I personally will call my terrorist backers and start a suicide bombing rampage of the like the United States has never seen. Praise be to Allah!!!
Sincerely Yours,
Barrack Obama
*DISCLAIMER*
This post is fiction, if the comments actually describe those mentioned it is purely coincidental. Writing this blog comment was for comedy purposes only and is not a tactic to smear, decrown, dethrone, or besmirch the character of anyone.
I'm Erin Kilmer and I also approve this message.
Great words Lori, and very well written. This is America, and thank God we have the privilege to vote!
OMG I'm DYING at the "message" from "Barak Obama!" hahaa!!!
Lori great blog... great message... there is much truth in the words you wrote.
Let's begin the countdown: 4 days to go...
hahah- i love your last sentence. you made fantastic points- i wish more people would see things the way you wrote it out!
Love the last line. I agree, i don't care for smear campaigns either and like Monki above, I usually don't broadcast my voting choices to avoid fights and drama.
Post a Comment