Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Day The Earth Stood Still

This is our new baby, Nigel. He is finally home and sprawled out across my lap while I type this. Ty and I could hardly wait to get up at the butt crack of dawn to run the trash to the dump before we headed to the breeder's house and pick up our little boy.

Getting acquainted with his new siblings. He just loves the kids. He has four kids and seven other pets to play with and loves them all.


As soon as we arrived at the breeder's house, I couldn't resist picking him up and keeping a hold of him. This is my beautiful "morning look". What? Did you think I was actually going to take the time to shower and put on make-up or do my hair?! Do you have any idea how much precious time would've been lost if I had done that stuff?

Nigel is chillin' in his new daddy's arms.

Nigel came from a litter of nine puppies. These are his eight siblings he had to say goodbye to yesterday. They were so confused when we walked away with him and watched us get in the van. Kind of made me a little sad. :( They were all leaving yesterday and going to their new homes. I pray each and every one of them has an awesome home like ours that will smother them with puppy luvins day in and day out.


This is Cheyenne, Nigel's mommy. She is a blue Doberman. As you can see, she is not really blue, but more like a smoky, gray color. She doesn't have her ears cropped, you don't get to see that too often. The breeder is holding her mouth because she pretty much wanted to kill me. At least I think so.
When he brought her out of the house, I was holding one of her babies. I can't blame her because I didn't want anyone touching my babies either. I did sit Nigel down so he could run over to his mommy, but she was still angry.

This is Autumn, a red Doberman. She is Nigel's great-aunt.
And this is Duke, Nigel's grandfather. He is a German Doberman and pretty masculine. I'm hoping Nigel gets this big. He's beautiful and such a big baby.
For those of you I've confused, let me explain it this way. Duke and Autumn are brother and sister, coming from the same litter. The breeders studded Duke out and instead of getting paid a fee, they got the pick of the litter, which was Cheyenne. Cheyenne had Nigel and eight other pups.
The breeders have three adult Dobermans, one German Shepherd and one Rottweiler. I can honestly say I will NEVER try to break into their house. LOL!!

3 comments:

scrappinnelly said...

Yay for Nigel! I know he is probably at the most ♥d house there could be!!

Anne1701 said...

Nigel is such a cutie!! I know that he is going to be very happy with his new family!

Misti said...

Awe, congrats!!!!!! He's a cutie!