Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Babe

A little over 12 years ago you proposed to me and I said yes. Then a year later, we decided to plan the wedding. It took about two weeks of me planning a wedding to come to my senses and realize that 1) I despise dresses; 2) I hate being the center of attention for anything; and 3) it made absolutely no sense to me to spend money on something that was private between the two of us just to entertain everyone else. And if I remember correctly, my exact words were, "Screw this - how soon can we get married?" So we applied for the marriage license and the following Friday, exactly 12 years ago today, we got married.


And I wouldn't change a thing. We are the married couple we are today because of everything we've been through; the good, the bad and the very ugly. Would I want to relive it? Heck no, but I wouldn't take any of it back either. I thank the Lord for you everyday of my life, and I'm blessed to have you as my husband, my best friend and the father of my children.


Since we can't be together today to celebrate our anniversary, I thought it would be cute to reminisce a little and look how we've changed over the years...




1994BC (Before Children)



1994 - Our first Christmas





1995 - Getting engaged on Easter (and very pregnant with Drey)



1996 - The day we got married



1996 - Christmas




1997 - Ocean City, Maryland




1998 - Halloween party (you as a woman and me as a man)





1999 - Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National State Park




2000

2001 - Tanzan and Tara's wedding


2003 - King's Playground, very pregnant with Zoe


2006


2006 - Hunting Season


2007 - Hershey Park



2008 - Easter


2008 - While you were home on R&R



Happy Anniversary, Ty, I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two definitely have gotten cuter with age! :)

Happy anniversary!

Tonya said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love your long hair!

bc, before children. lol