Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Sense of Pride

As I'm pulling out of church today, Rylee proudly announces, "I peed the potty" which she always proudly announces after church or every time you enter the same room as her or after she gets up from her nap or when she goes to bed at night or when a stranger knocks on the door or when the neighbor comes over to say hello or when we are standing in line at the grocery store, or or or or.... pretty much letting everyone know she's on top of it and knows what she's doing.

Me - Well, that's awesome, Rylee, I'm so proud of you for going potty at the church. Do you go when the other kids go potty?

Rylee - Yeah, the other kids go potty too.

Me - That's great!

Only to be followed two minutes later with -

Rylee - And I farted in class!

Ah, yes. At that very moment, I was beaming with pride. What can I say? My two-year old daughter, the youngest of four, proudly notifying the world that she is not ashamed of openly expressing herself in a classroom full of her peers, showing once again that she's graciously following in her family's footsteps. We're so proud.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's moments like these that make motherhood worthwhile.

Anne said...

LOL too funny! Isn't wonderful when they follow in our footsteps!

Love, Hugs, and Kisses said...

lol!! ty would be proud!

Jen said...

lol!

tonya said...

LOL, so funny!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that's awesome! lol

She's learning already!