Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let's Get Back To Business

I took a little break from showing Ty's pictures and telling his stories, so let's get back to business. Obviously, when you live in the same place with the same guys for a year, you're going to develop relationships. These are the guys that Ty lives/works/eats with on a daily basis. They will be labeled according to their call signs, and if I know the explanation behind the call sign I'll put that in parenthesis. These are the same guys that all pitched in and bought me two stuffed animals and sent them home with Ty as their way of saying thanks for all the baked goods my family and I have sent.

Meet "Big Boss" (owns his own trucking company back home), Ty's closest friend. "Big Boss" and "Razor" (from Arkansas, after Razorbacks).
These are three HET drivers, "Chaplain" (he's a Christian), "Bashful" (he's shy) and "San Antone" (he's from San Antonio, TX).
"Original" (or Mike) works in the trans-op office and is one of Ty's fellow gamers as you can see from his computer sitting there. By the looks of it, I don't think "Original" gets enough sleep. *LOL*
"My Brother" is the one who is responsible for collecting the money and going and picking out my stuffed animals.
The stuffed animals Ty brought home from the guys. The girls have since confiscated them. "My Brother" and "Wise Guy" (funny, always has something to say) - personally I think I'd probably get along with him best. You can also see the shower units in the background.
"Wise Guy" and "Bat Boy"
"Pumpkin Head" (drives for Schneider back home and their trucks are solid orange). He is called the bobtail, the last guy in the convoy of drivers. He's the one who tows broken down vehicles, changes flat tires and fixes trucks when they are on a mission, whether they are under fire or not, so they can get everyone out.
"Mouse" works in TTM, which is transportation.
"Kirby", "Holliday" (after Doc Holliday in the movie Tombstone), and "Tater Chip" (his last name is Pringle).
"Holliday", another HET driver - Ty isn't sure of his name, "Outlaw Randy", and "Roller" (he parked his tractor trailer back home without using the parking brake and it rolled away).
"Bat Boy" talking to military personnel -- this picture is just for you, Amy. ;)
"Gold Wing" getting ready to throw a strap across a load. Group of fellow truck drivers.
The crew that Ty runs with are loading up different buildings for the Iraqi Army outposts and then they haul them to Fallujah.









More to come...







7 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of your life... He and all the guys are doing great work!! :)

Anonymous said...

You know I'm loving these! Thanks so much! Looks like Ty is in good company :)

Anonymous said...

This is really cool, Lori.

Thanks for sharing it! :)

Love, Hugs, and Kisses said...

Great pictures, so neat seeing his friends. So nice that they bought you stuffed animals!!

petergabrielfan said...

Lori (and Ty)

Thanks for sharing what life is like for him over in Iraq right now. It was cool to see his friends and where he's living. :)

Anonymous said...

These are amazing pictures! Thank you for sharing! Love that picture dedicated to me! LOL. I need a close up. Tell Ty to get me a close up next time.

Anonymous said...

Pringle, tater chip. That's awesome!