Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Over The River And Through The Woods....

To Grandma's house we go....

Ty recently took the kids to his mom's house for the day to hang out and have some fun. No matter how old we get, for some reason bubbles can always put a smile on our face. Why is that?

Is it because we dip a stick with a circle on the end or some other shape into a soapy liquid and when we blow through it, this happy bubble magically appears? Is it because of the anticipation that swells up inside of us as we do it, wondering what shape it's going to take or how big it's going to be? Or is it because we can't ever seem to catch them as they gleefully float away into the atmosphere and then just as we get to them and barely touch them they disappear?

I don't have a clue. What I do know is I can be in the most rotten mood and if someone gets bubbles out it always lightens my mood, and everytime I look at these pictures it lightens my mood so I thought maybe you could use a little enlightening today.

Enjoy :)

Bubble Boy No 1:

Bubble Boy No 2:
Bubble Princess No 1:
Bubble Princess No 2 taking a break with Grandma. And since Grandma Wadel lives there and has all the cool bubble stuff, we'll call her the Bubble Queen.

The Bubble Queen cleverly posing with a big bubble that blew in on the porch.

The Bubble Princesses running after bubbles; Bubble Princess No 1, aka Zoe, has the most priceless look on her face. If you click on the pictures, you should be able to enlarge them.
Bubble Princess No 2, aka Rylee, chasing and trying to catch the bubbles. Personally, this is my favorite. :)
See, wasn't that enlightening? I bet it put a smile on your face and made you wish you were a kid again, didn't it? So next time you are grumpy and in a rotten mood, break open a bottle of bubbles, go out in the yard (with or without children), blow bubbles and dance like no one is watching. You'll feel better when you're done, I promise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaahh! The Bubble Princesses are adorable! Can I come over and squeeze them? LOL

Anonymous said...

yes, you may, but only if you pack them up and take them with you when you go LOL ;)

Jen said...

Too cute. :)

Can I confess i don't like bubbles? I hate the sticky mess they make!

Anonymous said...

Ugh bubbles. Daycare kids LOVE bubbles. Not so much for the one who has to blow the bubbles--a.k.a. ME. Too ooey and gooey and sticky. Ick.

Still love Zoe's hair!

petergabrielfan said...

They look like they're having so much fun! Bubbles are awesome. The best part of having kids is that you get to be a kid again! :)

scrappinmomto2girls said...

I totally agree..bubbles make me feel....well...bubbly. I love to watch my girls play with them,it makes you feel so carefree.....
Lori they are so cute playing with bubbles....