Since Rusty Wallace retired, I can honestly say that I've lost a lot of interest in watching Nascar races. I took a liking to Carl Edwards when he started and loved watching him do back flips off of his driver's side window after winning a race, but for some reason, I still lost interest.Dad is a Carl Edwards' fan and so this post will make him proud. I did watch the last little bit of the race today, knowing fully well that Talladega is almost always full of excitement with wreck after wreck. Just as soon as you think you've witnessed "The Big One", another Big One is sure to follow.
If you didn't see the wreck that Carl Edwards had during the last lap of the race that cost him the win, I highly suggest you Google it or look it up on Youtube. I promise it will leave you astounded that he was able to climb out of his window and jog across the finish line in order to finish the race.
So a few a minutes later I had this conversation with the girls:
Rylee: Mommy?
Me: Yes, baby?
Rylee: Dat car broked.
Me: It sure did, how do you think it broke?
Rylee: Dat udder car pushed it out of da way, it broked, den caught fire.
Me: Yeah, it looked just like that, didn't it?
Rylee: Yeah, he tan't drive dat car no more.
Me: No, he can't. You're right about that.
Rylee: Mommy?
Me: What, baby?
Rylee: I love dat show.
Me: You do? You love watching Nascar races?
Rylee: Yep.
Me: Well, that's good to know. There are races every weekend that you can watch if you want to.
Rylee: Can I watch a nudder one tomorrow?
Zoe: Mommy?
Me: Yes, baby?
Zoe: I want a 99 car.
Me: You want a 99 car? You actually liked watching the race too?
Zoe: Yes. I wanted him to win too. He should've won.
Me: Well, I think you two girls just made your pappy a VERY happy pappy. I'll have to tell him this since he's a Carl Edwards fan.
I can honestly say I never thought I would be sitting in the living room with my two girls enjoying a Nascar race while the boys and Ty were busy outside. I may just have to find out where my interest ran off to and bring it back.
No comments:
Post a Comment