Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An Educational Experience

For the men:



DAY ONE
You will wake up feeling like crap. You will have everything your wife had. You will lay in bed while your wife takes care of everything. It's what she does and she's darn good at it.


DAY TWO
You will repeat the events of Day One. And so will your wife.


DAY THREE
You will repeat the events of Day Two. And so will your wife.


DAY FOUR
You continue to act like a man who is sick, and so does your wife.

Since men are pretty much self-explanatory when they are sick, their version was pretty easy to write about.

I can say that living through the TyLo virus was an educational experience. I learned a ton of things while being confined to my bed, and it's always good to share things when we figure them out, right?



Here's what I learned:

1. When you only sleep on your sides, you will begin to develop bed sores on your elbows and hips after only three days of bed rest.

2. When you don't eat anything for three days, you will not have a bowel movement; however, you will have persistent gas that comes out sounding like a duck call. Regardless of how sick you are, these farts will make you proud.

3. Men write grocery lists different than women and take offense to it if you laugh at them.

For instance, Ty's grocery list when I was sick looked a little something like this:

brown sugar
margarine sticks
sugar
bisquick
canned food
cereal
snacks
tator tots
ketchup

After seeing this list and laughing, I figured I better muster up enough energy to write the grocery list before he left for the store. Mine looked a little something like this:

water
milk
cheese
lunch meat
cereal
granola bars
boxed potatoes
bag of salad
oranges
bananas
celery

I think the difference is self-explanatory.

3 comments:

Audra said...

LOL, Oh how I love the grocery list!!!

Anonymous said...

what was he planning on cooking?

E

Seaexplore said...

you're awesome! LOL