Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Face That Everybody Loves

The moment you've all been waiting for... our dear little Maddie. I was supposed to pick her up this morning, but because she was urinating a lot of blood and still running a fever, the vet's office kept her until this afternoon. It seems they found four bladder stones, not three, and a lesion on the outside of her bladder that they cut off and we asked them to send it off to have a biopsy done to make sure it's not cancer.

She is at home now and enjoying every minute of it. The look on Allie's face when Maddie walked out of her carrier was priceless. It was truly a Kodak moment but I didn't have the camera. The best way to describe it is her eyes got as wide as saucers and the hair stood up on her back and if she could talk, I'm betting she would've said, "Dude! What did they do to you?!" But they got reacquainted rather quickly this afternoon and acted like sisters do.

Maddie feels like smooth velvet. It is purely a joy to pet her now without the mats in the way and I think she agrees. She hasn't tried to get away from us at all while we are loving on her. The very first thing she did when she got home? Straight to the food bowl...
Maddie, dear, I'm thinking this might just be the reason you have that pouch of belly goo laying on the floor there, sweetheart. We should really try to work on that now since you are going to be walking around kind of naked.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Aww..she's cute!! Glad she's ok, Lori!!

scrappinnelly said...

Aww, she looks adorable! I expected much worse! Good to hear that she's doing well!

Scrappinmonkey said...

awwwwwwww, she's NAKED!

petergabrielfan said...

Poor kitty! Glad she is feeling better. :)

luvstargate said...

poor kitty! Almost looks like she has on jammies with her fuzzy feet sticking out the sleeves! lol

Seaexplore said...

OMG! Your cat is NEKKID! LOL!! Glad she's ok and starting to feel better.