Sunday, May 3, 2009

Third Time Is A Charm!


Or so it seems. This is the third offer we have placed on a house, and FINALLY it looks like we have a winner!
We found out Thursday evening that the bank accepted our offer on the house. With it being in a short sale status, we had to have the seller accept our offer, then the bank through which she has her mortgage. We knew the seller accepted our offer in about two weeks after submitting it; however, we were actually surprised to hear back so soon from the bank. That process usually takes months.
Now we wait on the VA to go in and do their inspection and appraisal, make sure they will approve the house and it looks like we will be closing the end of May. We are trying to push the closing date back to June 15 since there are tenants living in the house at the moment. They are wonderful people that have allowed Ty and I in this weekend to check out the roof and see what needs done with it.
Since it's a slate roof, people tend to cringe when you mention them. I have learned that over the last few weeks. Nobody wants to work with them because they are difficult. There are a few cracks, but since my stepdad, Brian, was a roofer for years, he talked with Ty about how to repair it and it looks like we won't need to hire anyone after all. Praise the Lord for that!!
I will continue to keep you posted on the happenings with this. This is so exciting for us. It's hard to believe, and rather bittersweet to know that we will only be living in this trailer for only six more weeks. After being here for 13 years, I can't imagine anything else at this point.
For someone that does not like change, I'm looking forward to this one in such a humbled manner and am pleased to be able to put this information out there to share with everyone we love so much. Most people realize the sacrifices Ty and I have made to get us where we are today, but we couldn't have done it without the Lord so I am giving Him all the praise, honor and the glory where it rightfully needs to be.

2 comments:

BRO said...

I'm very HAPPY for ya sis!! LOVE YA, CHIP

scrappinnelly said...

Yay, congrats again! Looks like an amazing house!