Leroy was thrilled to get out of his cage and hang out with civilization. Over the last several weeks, he's been what he would consider "neglected". He was fed, given fresh water daily, fresh greens, fresh timothy hay and kept in a clean cage, but he wasn't left out to roam around and claim the upstairs as his own like he usually did.
Let me tell you something, people, or anyone ever considering a bunny for a pet: a neglected bunny is sooooo much worse than a pissed off cat. Bad, bad Leroy Brown is very capable of jumping up onto the girls' bed all by himself and hanging out. The gift he left for all of us was found by Ty one night as he went to tuck the girls into bed. Not only did he poop about fifty turds on the bed, but he drenched them all with pee. Yeah. Nice.
I was about ready to enjoy some sauerkraut-stuffed bunny rabbit and then I looked into those sweet eyes on that pudgy, soft face, with those loppy ears, one of which is forever retarded, and I melted. Ah, yes....Bad, bad Leroy Brown is just that. He's bad. Baddest bunny in the whole darn house. Good thing for him is that bunny urine does not stick around like cat pee and does not destroy a house so we were able to clean it up.
I think he does miss the interaction with the cats and the dog though. He seems so lonely anymore. His whole demeanor changed the second we put him on the bed with the guinea girls. Let me introduce the guinea girls: Reese's is on the left, the smaller of the guinea pigs, cleverly named for her obvious colors of chocolate and peanut butter. She's not that sweet though, she'll take the end of your finger off in a heartbeat. Just rub her chin once.
Nibbles is the bigger one in the middle. She is an absolute sweetheart and will let anyone hold her and love on her for as long as they want. Unfortunately, we found a growth on her foot and a lump the size of a golf ball under her chin. I'm thinking it's an abscess that needs lanced and drained. I'm hoping it's an abscess that needs only that. Surgery is just too dangerous for these little critters and I really, really, REALLY don't want to lose a fourth animal in a month.
4 comments:
Lori, these are precious! It's wonderful to see Zoe, Rylee, Drey and Sage with smiles on their little faces.
What a great happy post, Lori. I haven't seen pics of your boys in awhile-- they are getting monstrously huge! :)
Awww they are alll so cute! Real and fur!!! ;) So glad they are smiling!
Love the story and the photos. Smiles and laughter is deserved by all after all you guys have been through.
Post a Comment