Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Delightful Treasures

Yes, that title would be referring to my Bratty Bunch. I can't say I'm entirely pleased with the way their photos came out this year, but I'm satisfied enough that I'm not redoing them. The portrait of all four of them is not necessarily the one you will be receiving. I was serious when I posted the last black and white photo of all four of them being silly. That is what they are like on a daily basis, so I think it's important to capture that image rather than the image of them all having a rod stuck up their rear so they are sitting straight enough coupled with fake smiles that would make any mother cringe.

I am not a fan of still photos that do not represent who you are as a person. If you see me with my camera at any gatherings, PLEASE do not stop what you are doing to smile at the camera and pose. The reason I am approaching you is because I want to capture the moment, not capture the ram rod/fake smile look. An occasional smile at the camera is great, I will admit, but not when you have every stinking picture that way.

I will not be taking personal requests regarding the kids' pictures either, you will get what you get and be happy. Look at it this way, if I send you the black and white silly photo, you will have something to make you smile every single day. I just really haven't made up my mind yet. That being said, please enjoy the following ram rod poses and fake smiles from my own children:



6 comments:

Anne1701 said...

Your children are absolutely adorable!
I agree with you about the way you take photos. It's the only way I like pics, real life happening.

Sue C. said...

Lori, it's great to see all the kids again! They are all so beautiful and I LOVE the pics. :) Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

They are delightful treasures. :) I can't get over how much your boys have changed in the last year or so.

Anonymous said...

where are the fun silly shots? E wants!!!

petergabrielfan said...

Great photos of the kids, and I SO agree with you about capturing people as they really are. I cringe every year when I get matchy-matchy photos of my friends with their kids all dressed alike and smiling all fake-like on the beach. I want to see kids as they really are.

Misti said...

Holy moly are they getting BIG!!! Gorgeous kiddos!