To all the not-so-young-anymore-but-not-quite-over-the-hill people reading this, I'm sorry if you got excited by the title as I am talking about the iPod Nano, not Nanu-Nanu from Mork & Mindy. I know that made you secretly reminisce about the days when you still had your rainbow suspenders and knew how to interlock your fingers together just like Mork did when he'd express that weird way of saying hello and be as cool as he was, but the reality is I'm talking about something completely different. Sorry for the disappointment.**I know you just practiced the infamous Orkan greeting when no one was looking. I promise I won't tell anyone.
Today is Sage's 10th birthday. A whole ten years old. As he puts it, "I'm a decade." We did our usual cake and ice cream for breakfast on birthdays routine as we always do (when you think about it, that adds up to a lot of cake and ice cream in one summer with four birthdays to celebrate - and for breakfast at that) and then I decided to take Sage "The Decade" out to spend his money.
It only took about 1 minute and 17 seconds to find the iPod Nano in Circuit City and an additional 2 minutes and 43 seconds to be rung up and spend all but $1 and some odd change of his money that he had saved. Don't tell him this, but I think I could have done it quicker. It is the newest version out, the improved version, as he likes to put it when talking to Drey, and he's tickled to death. Although I had plans to clean the remainder of the day and go to his baseball game tonight, I do believe my cleaning plans have been replaced with playing on my iTunes instead. That's not necessarily a bad thing.
Afterward, we headed to Ryan's, his restaurant of choice, to gorge ourselves like gluttonous pigs at lunch. Sage "The Decade" very excitedly told the lady it was his birthday and how old he was at the register before we were seated, and much to our surprise as we were inhaling our dessert about six employees came over clapping loudly and chanting their "Happy Birthday" song that most employees at restaurants are so good at. The look on his face was priceless - a little embarrassed, a little flattered, a little excited and a little would-you-just-shut-up-and-go-away-please grin.
And I didn't have my camera. What was I thinking?
Happy Birthday, Sage. I'm so blessed to have shared a decade of this life with you so far and I certainly hope there's many more decades to come... Love, Yo' Mama :-)
5 comments:
How fun! It sounds like his birthday was great. :)
Congratulations on that Decade! Happy Birthday, Sage.
P.S. Today is Ryan's half birthday and he thinks it is totally wrong and unfair that he did not get cake, presents, and a party. Sigh.
Great photo! He changed his mind about a bat!
Happy Birthday Sage!
Yeah I still need to figure out how to add songs to my ipod.
Perfect photo!
Love the way you spent the day and
love "the decade"
great kid!
Post a Comment