Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pretty In Pink

Yesterday was Zoe's first day of Kindergarten. Today was her first soccer practice. In preparing for this, I had to go buy the usual equipment - a soccer ball, the shin guards, the cleats, etc. I was a little nervous about finding her shoe size since she is so tiny and then she multiplied that nervousness by informing me on the way to Dick's that she wanted pink cleats. Do they actual sell those? I mean, really....pink?
Well, yeah, they do, I found that out. They not only sell pink (and black) cleats, they also sell pink shin guards, pink soccer socks, pink soccer balls and pink bags to carry it all in. Throw that in with her pink water bottle and she was set and ready to go as you can see.
Before we left for Zoe and Sage's practice, Sage wanted to throw out a few pointers for her as to what she should do and how the game is played. He's turned into quite the supportive brother in the past week.
Zoe was trying to figure out how on earth to dribble the ball and move it without touching it with her hands. Her first instinct was to grab it with her hands to move it, so she'll have to work on that just a little bit. She had a blast and can't wait to play again. I think the only thing she didn't like was when she got her head stuck in the net at the goal. Too bad I didn't have my camera on.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

How ADORABLE!!! First off... Sage is such a good big brother! And second how cute is she in her pink outfit!!!! Wish you would've had your camera when her head got stuck!

Jen said...

Oh my word, isn't she cute, cute, cute

petergabrielfan said...

How fun! Isn't it awesome to see kids growing up (but kinda sad too)?

Audra Jolly said...

She is too stinking cute! Sage is such a great brother!

Anonymous said...

PINK!!! how cute. love it.
Must have more pic's.
E

Anonymous said...

That so sweet! I didn't know that they had any pink soccer items either!

She's adorable...heck... ALL of your kids are adorable!