I'm pretty sure I'm not the only mother who keeps everything their kids make when they are young. As a matter of fact, I know I'm not. Thanks to technology, I'm able to scan them into the computer and share them with you.
After our minor catastrophe in Sunnyway involving Zoe getting her head lodged in a place it didn't belong, she settled in beside me in the booth and wrote me a little love note on a napkin.

She's learning to read and write her own words by sounding them out, and she does quite well, but just in case you can't decipher the Zoe English Dictionary yet I'll be happy to translate.
Zoe (because she has to put her name on the top of everything)
"Dear Mom,
You are pretty.
Leaf is here.
Leaf are pretty, Mom."
Why did she write about a leaf when there were snowflakes hanging everywhere? I have no clue, but I'll be darned if we didn't see a forgotten autumn leaf on a bulletin board as we were leaving to which she exclaimed, "See, Mom? I told you there were leafs here!" (And yes, she said leafs. I know it's not grammatically correct but we'll let it slide. It's the Zoe English Dictionary right now.)
This would be Zoe's very own picture of Santa and his reindeer. It appears that her Santa Claus is skinny and he only needs two reindeer, one of which has one of his antlers shoved up the other one's butt.
This would be her interpretation of a polar bear and his house. I just love that he has lips for a head.
Translation: "The polar bear coming to his house."Drey recently had a birthday party to go to and made a card for the girl. I happened to like it so much that I took a picture so I can scraplift it later. I thought he did an outstanding job.
Sage has been on a musical instrument kick the past few months and you better believe he's been drawing them. Over the years we went from school buses to roller coasters and presently we are on instruments of all kinds. He wants to take lessons but until he can prove a bigger level of responsibility there will be no unnecessary noise. I'm thinking next year at this time I will have invested in the best set of ear plugs out there.
His desire for a specific instrument changes periodically but somehow he keeps going back to the trumpet. Why the trumpet? It's simple. It's the loudest. That was his answer. No surprise there. I've watched him pick up pencils and use them for drumsticks since he was two years old and it all comes so naturally to him, I'm actually pretty excited to see how well he does. I am shocked that it's not the drums though. I don't know why that's changed. I could deal with him pounding on the drums day in and day out. A trumpet? Well, I have a terrible feeling I'm going to want to shove that thing where the sun doesn't shine.
Don't worry, Grandparents. When he comes to spend the night once he takes off on this musical journey he's determined to take, I'll be sure to send the trumpet along so he can show you just how well he's doing. You can thank me later.
Since he isn't able to have a real one at the moment, he decided to sit and make one out of nothing but paper and tape. It's rather intriguing to look at in person, you just don't get the same effect from a picture but it's the best I can do.
Not much new on Rylee's end other than she's being Rylee. One big, giant turd.
5 comments:
Love Zoe's letters and drawings. She is doing great with sounding things out!! Super Cute. The card and instrument are wonderful as well. LOVE your new blog banner!
Awe, you have some sweet children!
your kids rock, Lori. :)
omg- those letters are so cute!!! and he's making instruments??? that is dedication!
cutest kids ever!!!
Post a Comment