Wednesday, February 4, 2009

For Kicks And Giggles

Ah yes, the ram nut escapades. For those of you who are not familiar with some of my dear online friends, let me explain. When Ty left for Iraq there was a select group of girls on a scrapbooking forum (aside from all my people in real life) that helped me keep it together. I received countless cards, packages, emails, phone calls, text messages, etc.

During an online conversation one day, Sheila, who lives in West Virginia, said she had a wildlife calendar by her computer and every time she looked up she was staring at a huge set of ram nuts. Me, missing my husband dearly and being the smarty pants that I am, immediately said, "Boy, I sure wish I had a set of nuts to look at."

It wasn't but a few days later I received this picture, tore out of Sheila's calendar, in the mail. I nearly peed my pants from laughing so hard at the mailbox that I'm pretty sure my neighbors have all considered me crazy.

Why do I still have it, you might ask? Well, because it's a sweet reminder of how good friends can make you laugh in the midst of some of the roughest times in your life, and every once in awhile I get it out and look at it just for kicks and giggles.

4 comments:

petergabrielfan said...

Lori, that is...nuts! Ha! I kill me. I had forgotten all about ram nuts till you posted this. Great post about friendship. :)

Anonymous said...

Love you girl! Thanks for the reminder about how much we all mean to each other!

Tracy said...

Lots and lots of hugs to you my dear!!!

Anonymous said...

ah, good 'ol days of ram nut escapades. before friends didn't let friend vote obama.

sigh.

E