Today Rylee took a nap. She doesn't do it every day, but most days she's more than happy to lay down. She loves her sleep, which is kind of unusual for a kid her age because they usually try to fight it. But not Rylee, she's more than happy to catch some Zzzz's when she's tired.
So, she woke up today from her nap, walked out into the living room, fell onto the floor and started crying. I had no clue why. But I realized she must have had a nightmare from what she was telling me, and although it was rather cute and funny to me, I didn't dare laugh because I cannot imagine how tormenting it was for her 3 year old mind to try to comprehend.
Me: Rylee, what's wrong?
Rylee: *sniffles* You weft me!
Me: What? What do you mean, baby? Why are you crying? Did you have a bad dream?
Rylee: *sniffles* You weft me, mommy, awe awone!
Me: I left you? When? What happened?
(this is where it gets good)
Rylee: *lip quivers, tears flow, snot runs* You weft me. I couldn't find you and you were gone! And, and, and, I had to dwive your van and I couldn't! *breaks down hysterically*
Me: You had to DRIVE my van?! Why?
Rylee: Cause you weft me! I was here awe by myself and I was skeered and I dint see you and I missed you, Mommy!
Me: *feeling slightly guilty for some odd reason* Why would I leave you, baby? Where did I go?
Rylee: *screaming, crying, blubbering* Pappy and Nanny's house! And you dint take me and nobody was here! *wipes snot on my arm*
Me: Oh, baby! I would never do that! I would never leave you all alone here by yourself!
Rylee: You did! You weft me and the kiddie cats wasn't here eider!
Me: *curious what happened then* So, what did you do when you realized I wasn't here?
Rylee: I dot in your van and, and, and, I had to dwive! And I couldn't! It was sooo skeery! You shouldn't weave me wike dat, Mommy! *falls apart and has a total meltdown*
Now, at this point, I felt so ridiculously awful for leaving her even though I didn't. I just cannot imagine how "skeery" that nightmare actually was even though the sheer thought of Rylee sitting in the driver's seat of my van makes me chuckle to myself.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
poor kiddo!! HUG.. I can just see her sitting in your van ready to take off!!
Aw, how could you weave her wike that?
LOL.
I regularly make Art feel guilty when I have a bad dream that involves him being a jerk. Then he goes and buys me ice cream to make me feel better. LOL.
Aww, so sad, but so funny! Poor thing!
Awe........I wonder how she weached the peddles.
poor girl. and the kiddy cats were gone too!
E
Post a Comment