Sunday, March 29, 2009

The TyLo Virus

So it seems that on Thursday morning I was hit with the most intense, painful, excruciatingly miserable sickness I can ever remember dealing with in my life. It came with no warning and decided to stick around for four days now and is finally clearing up. After a continuous fever that reached 102.8 degrees and would only drop to 100-101 degrees with Ibuprofen, a trip to the doctor's office, a trip to the hospital for chest X-rays, blood work, a nasal swab, only being able to sleep for an hour at a time, and coughing up my lungs while juggling razor blades in my throat, I'm still alive.


The X-rays reported no pneumonia. While I had every symptom of the flu and/or pneumonia, a nasal swab came back negative for influenza. The blood work showed my white blood cell count was normal, and I was diagnosed as having a new virus.

New virus. Very nice. This means the doctor has no clue what I'm going to go through, how long it's going to last, what the signs and symptoms are, much less what the treatment should be. Not only did I get it, Ty and the kids got it as well. The kids are handling it nicely with a bit of a temperature and a cough, while Ty got socked with it about as hard as I did. Since this is a new virus, we have taken it upon ourselves to name it after us, the TyLo virus.


And since the doctors will not be able to tell you what is going to happen, I am going to share with you on a step-by-step basis what you will endure whether you are a woman or a man should you contract the TyLo virus.

Stay tuned for this vital information...

2 comments:

petergabrielfan said...

Ick! I am so tired of all this crud that is going around. I hope you feel better. Hang in there!

LuvStarGate said...

Hope I don't get the TYLO!!! Get to feeling better!