Nobody told me when my kid entered high school, I would feel 100 times worse than I did the day he left for Kindergarten. For the last week I have been dreading today. Today
Drey and Tyler headed into the high school for the first time while Sage and Kaitlyn headed into the middle school for the first time.
As I walked out the door when Tyler and Kaitlyn arrived to walk with the boys to school, I received a huge teenage
eye roll coupled with a loud sigh from Tyler. I couldn't exactly figure out why until Tyler informed that his dad had already been taking pictures and now they had to pose for more. Tee
hee....
Don't they look so grown up????

And they're off....

I think they wanted to melt into thin air when they realized I was going to stand in the front of my house on the main street in
Greencastle with my camera and snap pictures as they walked by. I promised them I wouldn't do it anymore after today. At least not first thing in the morning.

An hour later, Zoe headed off to first grade and
MaKayla headed off to fourth grade on the same bus. Poor
Rylee only headed back to the house with me all alone.

Take note to Zoe's awesome backpack that she picked out all by herself without any help from me. She took one look at this and said, "Oh. My. Gosh. I have to have that backpack, Mommy, because the
Steelers are the coolest team ever!"
How'd she get so smart?

I don't know how on earth Chip and I ended up with the
bestest looking kids ever but we did.

And off they go.... sigh...

After
Rylee and I got back to the house, this is the conversation that took place.
Rylee: Mommy, I'm four now. I just turned four today. Daddy said so. So.... so... you have to take me to school right now.
Me: Rylee, you're not four. You won't be four for 30 more days.
Rylee: No, Daddy SAID so. I'm four.
Me: Well, you can't go to school anyhow when you're four, just preschool, and that's not the same school as everybody else.
Rylee: Well, how old do I have to be?
Me: Five.
Rylee: Oh.
Her plan had failed. Poor kid is stuck home with Mom now.
3 comments:
Too cute!
Wait until the youngest one graduates, you'll feel even older!
I love it, Anne is so wise...wait until the youngest.... LOL.
Lori, you are so lucky. I sit and wonder what it would have been like if I had followed the biological path and had a child of my own...that is all I get to do. You gotta love every moment and be happy that they are happy and healthy. Enjoy them.
I love the pictures and your kids are great looking kids.
I love all the photos Lori! They are growing fast!!
Miss you!
Post a Comment