We still did not close on the house. We have no clue when that might be, and the listing agent went in to make sure the back door was locked properly (which was our means of entry the other day with the kids.) What she failed to check was the cellar door. Teehee.
With no kids in tow this time, Ty and I decided to go hang out at our cool house again. We are not criminals by any means, but daggonit, we have waited too long for this and just couldn't stay away. Besides, I stayed true to my word when having my heart-to-heart with the kids about breaking the law. Never do it unless you are with your parents. I took a picture of my hot mama on top of Ty's car just to prove it. Ty was busy getting into the cellar and making his way upstairs to let us two hoodlums in.
I took 60 pictures of the house. YES, 60. And YES, I expect that you will take your time and look through ALL 60 pictures on this blog and enjoy it. I will do my best to keep my typing at a minimum and just put a little caption for each photo so you know what you are looking at.Obviously this is the front of the house.
As you can see, we have a lot more work to do outside than inside. But I have this uncanny love of yard work and being in the sun. This is a side view of the big front porch.
This is the view (overgrown view) from our front porch, looking across the street in our quiet little town. To the right is the town library. YAY!
This is the back view of the house.
This is our back yard, standing on our deck. The building is not ours, it belongs to the borough, but the drive beside it is ours and allows us to drive straight through from the main street back to the alley. If you know your way around town, you can get to my house through this alley without any traffic. How cool is that? Oh, and those big ugly hedges blocking the view will be dug up and discarded in one of the woodsy areas very soon so my yard can be opened up.
The point of entry yesterday.
This is part of the kitchen. It is completely remodeled and I love it. I even have a lazy susan in the one corner, which is something I have always wanted. The closed door you see to the right goes into the summer kitchen.
The other half of the kitchen.
These are the atrium doors that go from the kitchen out to the deck.
This is the summer kitchen with the original fireplace. It is no longer working, but then again, since we have electricity nowadays, it won't really be needed to cook. The deep freezer you see on the right of the fireplace is ours to keep and it works. The ladder on the left leads up to the loft. Oh, yeah, and I almost left out the important part. THIS is my scraproom!! *does the happy dance*
I even have my very own cabinets built right in, that I can sit my desks around and make an awesome scrap space!
This is the view from the top of the ladder in the loft so you could get an overview of my entire scraproom!
This is the loft above the summer kitchen. I am standing at the opposite end, taking a picture of the ladder, railing, and fireplace. I think this will make such a cool and fun hang out for the kids.
This is the view from the top of the ladder. I am assuming the back wall is the original outside of the house before they closed it in.
Back to the summer kitchen (Blogger is being a turd, and I got these uploaded in the wrong order, sorry.)This is my all-time favorite thing in my scraproom/summer kitchen.... the ceiling. I laid on the floor just to look at this because I love it so much.
This is our dining room. Keep in mind, the entire house is painted with the same color on the walls but while I was trying to edit the colors on the photos, some came out darker than others. It had a lot to do with the kind of lighting that was in the room at the time.
This is our living room.
The cool basement door (which you will get to see more of this in a bit).

The downstairs has a full bathroom, plus the laundry room all in one. AND the washer and dryer came with the house too. How cool is that?
A view of the foyer/front door and some of the staircase from downstairs.
This is what I call the "Wii Room". This will be the TV room for the kids, plus they will have a table and chairs in here to play games, do homework, etc. It's really hard to take a picture of this room from the doorway because the walls are angled almost the entire way around.
The "Wii Room" comes with built-in bookshelves on the one entire wall.
The rest of the bookshelves, along with a nice sized closet. Add the books, games and movies, a table and a TV with entertainment stand, a few beanbag chairs and I might not see my kids for a while. LOL!
This is the view from the front door when you walk in. The banister on the stairs is the original banister from 1930.
At the top of the stairs to your left is Sage's bedroom.
The girls' room is so big that I had to take two pictures. This is a view of the two closets. This is actually the master bedroom, but since the girls are sharing a room, we gave them the biggest room so they could each have their own closet. If you are little enough (which the girls are) you can walk through the closet on the inside from one door to the other. It's pretty cool.
This is the opposite end of their room. This is also the "Whoville" section of the house that I adore so much. The house has settled on this end and it is very hard to tell from the picture, but the door frame is slanted. You can tell from the door handle, that it doesn't latch.
The upstairs has a full bathroom as well, across from the girls' and Sage's bedrooms.
This is a view down the hallway of the upstairs.
I love this view. It's one of my favorites. This is the view from the top of the stairs, directly outside of Sage's bedroom, looking down to the front door.
This is also another favorite of mine. Can you tell I LOVE this house?! LOL. This archway can be seen as you are coming up the stairs. The door on the left behind the archway is the girls' bedroom.

This is the woodwork that has been done on the walls on both sides of the archway.
This is a view of Drey's room. It resembles the "Wii Room" downstairs and has all the same angles, minus the wall of bookshelves.
Another view of the Drey's room, standing at the opposite end, looking at the door.
Across the hallway from Drey's room is Ty and I's room. It resembles the living room downstairs with the angles and the four windows. Thank God for updated new windows, huh?
The opposite view of our bedroom.
This is the way cool attic door that leads into the way cool attic. I LOVE this house. Have I mentioned that yet?
The really cool staircase leading into the attic.
The attic is very large and will make the most awesome place for storage space. We may even finish it someday since there are electrical outlets already in place. This is the main evidence of having a two-zone heating and air conditioning system hooked up. The duct work is everywhere up in the attic so we definitely have to be careful when stepping around.
Just another nook in the attic. You can see the electrical outlets in place on the rafters.
The other side of the attic.
I just had to take a picture of this door, which originally goes between the dining room and kitchen, but I like it open so I am going to have Ty make this old door into a headboard for our bed. How cool is that?? I can't wait to show you the finished pictures of it!
And finally.... the moment I have been waiting for. Our very super duper cool and creepy basement. I LOVE this house. *cue twilight zone music please*
Now, the house was built in 1930; however, it is a very good possibility that the foundation of our house is much, much older. Ty and I will be researching some old town maps to find this out. With Greencastle being the very first town across the Mason Dixon line into the North, a lot of old houses in Greencastle still have the tunnels and such from the days of the Underground Railroad.
This is our living room.
The cool basement door (which you will get to see more of this in a bit).
The downstairs has a full bathroom, plus the laundry room all in one. AND the washer and dryer came with the house too. How cool is that?
A view of the foyer/front door and some of the staircase from downstairs.
This is what I call the "Wii Room". This will be the TV room for the kids, plus they will have a table and chairs in here to play games, do homework, etc. It's really hard to take a picture of this room from the doorway because the walls are angled almost the entire way around.
The "Wii Room" comes with built-in bookshelves on the one entire wall.
The rest of the bookshelves, along with a nice sized closet. Add the books, games and movies, a table and a TV with entertainment stand, a few beanbag chairs and I might not see my kids for a while. LOL!
This is the view from the front door when you walk in. The banister on the stairs is the original banister from 1930.
At the top of the stairs to your left is Sage's bedroom.
The girls' room is so big that I had to take two pictures. This is a view of the two closets. This is actually the master bedroom, but since the girls are sharing a room, we gave them the biggest room so they could each have their own closet. If you are little enough (which the girls are) you can walk through the closet on the inside from one door to the other. It's pretty cool.
This is the opposite end of their room. This is also the "Whoville" section of the house that I adore so much. The house has settled on this end and it is very hard to tell from the picture, but the door frame is slanted. You can tell from the door handle, that it doesn't latch.
The upstairs has a full bathroom as well, across from the girls' and Sage's bedrooms.
This is a view down the hallway of the upstairs.
I love this view. It's one of my favorites. This is the view from the top of the stairs, directly outside of Sage's bedroom, looking down to the front door.
This is also another favorite of mine. Can you tell I LOVE this house?! LOL. This archway can be seen as you are coming up the stairs. The door on the left behind the archway is the girls' bedroom.
This is the woodwork that has been done on the walls on both sides of the archway.
This is a view of Drey's room. It resembles the "Wii Room" downstairs and has all the same angles, minus the wall of bookshelves.
Another view of the Drey's room, standing at the opposite end, looking at the door.
Across the hallway from Drey's room is Ty and I's room. It resembles the living room downstairs with the angles and the four windows. Thank God for updated new windows, huh?
The opposite view of our bedroom.
This is the way cool attic door that leads into the way cool attic. I LOVE this house. Have I mentioned that yet?
The really cool staircase leading into the attic.
The attic is very large and will make the most awesome place for storage space. We may even finish it someday since there are electrical outlets already in place. This is the main evidence of having a two-zone heating and air conditioning system hooked up. The duct work is everywhere up in the attic so we definitely have to be careful when stepping around.
Just another nook in the attic. You can see the electrical outlets in place on the rafters.
The other side of the attic.
I just had to take a picture of this door, which originally goes between the dining room and kitchen, but I like it open so I am going to have Ty make this old door into a headboard for our bed. How cool is that?? I can't wait to show you the finished pictures of it!
And finally.... the moment I have been waiting for. Our very super duper cool and creepy basement. I LOVE this house. *cue twilight zone music please*
Now, the house was built in 1930; however, it is a very good possibility that the foundation of our house is much, much older. Ty and I will be researching some old town maps to find this out. With Greencastle being the very first town across the Mason Dixon line into the North, a lot of old houses in Greencastle still have the tunnels and such from the days of the Underground Railroad.This tunnel is in our basement and only goes so far back. It could just be wishful thinking that this tunnel is a huge part of history or it could be real. Hopefully we will find all that out. It is possible that it was used as a small smoking chamber for their meats.
The different color you see in the stones and floors is not from water. From the pictures, it looks like this place is wet, but I can assure you it is not. The tunnel has some water in it, which would be a really cool habitat for a family of frogs. I'm hoping we have some and they are just too afraid to show their faces yet.
The different color you see in the stones and floors is not from water. From the pictures, it looks like this place is wet, but I can assure you it is not. The tunnel has some water in it, which would be a really cool habitat for a family of frogs. I'm hoping we have some and they are just too afraid to show their faces yet. Just another view of the left side of the basement. The cellar steps are in the back.
The right side of the basement from the stairs.
This is the hidden room that is hard to see, tucked away behind the staircase. This is why I'm wondering about the history of the foundation. You see, there are no windows in this room. It only looks light in there with the flash from the camera. Keep in mind when I went inside the doorway to this room to take pictures, I could not see anything at all. Only the flash made it possible to see anything in the pictures.
This is the inside of the room. As you can see, Ty was examining it with two flashlights that barely lit anything up. Imagine my suprise when I saw what I thought was a snake on the floor when looking at the picture on the camera. I quickly looked to the floor in the room, only to realize it was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing! LOL!! It was not a snake, however, that would've been cool too.
This is the other side of the room. As you can see from the flash, we discovered an old bed inside. Wouldn't this make a great guest room? Teehee.... BWA-HA-HA-HAHAHAHAHA....
The right side of the basement from the stairs.
This is the hidden room that is hard to see, tucked away behind the staircase. This is why I'm wondering about the history of the foundation. You see, there are no windows in this room. It only looks light in there with the flash from the camera. Keep in mind when I went inside the doorway to this room to take pictures, I could not see anything at all. Only the flash made it possible to see anything in the pictures.
This is the inside of the room. As you can see, Ty was examining it with two flashlights that barely lit anything up. Imagine my suprise when I saw what I thought was a snake on the floor when looking at the picture on the camera. I quickly looked to the floor in the room, only to realize it was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing! LOL!! It was not a snake, however, that would've been cool too.
This is the other side of the room. As you can see from the flash, we discovered an old bed inside. Wouldn't this make a great guest room? Teehee.... BWA-HA-HA-HAHAHAHAHA....
Now... back to the tunnel. This is looking inside. It curves around to the left and then has been closed in.
This is the back part where there are burn marks.
The white mound in the bottom of the picture is Ty leaning over examining the inside of the tunnel. I took this picture because there is an opening, like a vent, in the top of the tunnel but it is hard to see in the picture. Either an escape for the smoke... or an air hole for escapees... possibly??
And last, but not least, I snapped this picture from behind the staircase to show you that the original wooden shutters from the house are still here. I'm debating on what I want to do with them. Maybe put them back up? I'm not sure...
This is the back part where there are burn marks.
The white mound in the bottom of the picture is Ty leaning over examining the inside of the tunnel. I took this picture because there is an opening, like a vent, in the top of the tunnel but it is hard to see in the picture. Either an escape for the smoke... or an air hole for escapees... possibly??
And last, but not least, I snapped this picture from behind the staircase to show you that the original wooden shutters from the house are still here. I'm debating on what I want to do with them. Maybe put them back up? I'm not sure...
So, there you have it, folks, the inside of our new house. Now, hopefully this week will bring us good news and we will legally have the keys to the house, along with the set Ty swiped out of the kitchen drawer. :)
Just so you know, I do expect you to still come see the house, and I do expect lots of Oooohs and Ahhhhs while walking throughout. Please act like you have seen none of this before or my feelings will be hurt. I might get mad. I might get rebellious. Or something.
13 comments:
Everything looks awesome! I bet you guys are just so stinking excited!!! :)
That is a SWEET house!!! And I agree with you, that basement is super-creepy! How cool would it be if that tunnel really was part of the Underground Railroad????
Awesome house Lori! I do have to say though that your attic and basement look like they should be on an episode of Paranormal State. I'm just sayin! LOL
Very nice, Lori!! I can't choose which room I like the most, they are all awesome!!
Don't go and get yourself in trouble for trespassing before closing, goofball!! That would not be looked at kindly from the Realtor LOL :)
So pretty, Lori! I'm excited for you guys! The basement and attic are kinda creepy! :)
Very nice!
What an awesome house!!
Super cool basement and yep creepy, I love it! It looks like something from an episode of GhostHunters!
The house is soo awesome! All the little details are just so cool :) Love your scrapping room, you're going to have tons of fun there!
Wow, Lori!!! It's so beautiful!!! That basement skeeves me!!!
I love it!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! What are you going to do with all the room???? You can go weeks without seeing your kiddos; they'll be too busy exploring!
OMG!!! I'm soooo jealous! LOVE LOVE LOVE the new house! I did look at each and EVERY picture and read all the captions. I love old homes. Can't wait to see what you can find out about it. I would have taken the basement or attic for my scrappy space. Wonder if there are any ghosties hanging out? Would that be too weird for ya?
Lori, I am so excited for you, Ty, and the kids. The house is really cool and it makes me jealous. I would love to have all that room.
Hey, maybe that tunnel is the way Edward will enter your home.... =D
LOVE your new home!!! I hope you close on it soon. Gotta pass on your "guest" room though hehehe
Post a Comment