Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Like This One Better

So thanks to the IRS and a screw up in 2007, the underwriter wouldn't send our loan information through. Which resulted in Ty having to take off of work today so we could take care of things. After doing our final walk-thru at the house, driving to the mortgage lender's office to pick up papers, then to the IRS to get the paperwork straightened out, then back to the mortgage lender's office again to give him what he needed so he could fax the information back to the underwriter, we were kindly informed that the chances were still slim that we would close on our house tomorrow.

That was not what I wanted to hear. It was not what Ty wanted to hear. We have been waiting since the beginning of March to move into this house.

So, what did we do? Our rebellious streak kicked in and we decided since we knew how to get into our house that we were NOT going to make the kids wait another day after they've been waiting for Wednesday, June 17th, to come for what feels like forever. We were going to take them in a day earlier instead.

And that's what we did.

As for the rest of you, you will have to kindly wait until I go back inside and take pictures. We were kind of breaking the law by trespassing today on a property that is not exactly ours by law yet so I was more concerned about the kids getting to see everything inside rather than the rest of the world.

And don't worry.... I stressed to the kids how terribly important it was to never, ever, ever, ever, not in a million years, ever break the law, under any circumstances whatsoever. Unless they were with their parents.

4 comments:

The Dean is in... said...

LOL, Lori, that is great. It reminds me of my dad faking sick and calling to take a day off but telling us that we should never lie. ROFL . I think your kids deserved to get to see the house, I remember how anxious kids can be when they are getting to move. Good luck to you guys.

scrappinnelly said...

Aww, I would have done the same... just behind J's back too. ;)

petergabrielfan said...

Cute pic (oh, and glad no one got arrested). ;)

Anonymous said...

unless you are with your parents. love it.

we dropped stuff off the night before we closed. we come to do a final 'are we REALLY REALLY REALLY sure look. my car was already packed...we just kinda un packed it. lol.

we spent hours here everyday before we closed.

E